A beer a day keeps the doctor away. At least I think that’s how the saying goes. Over the last 18 months, I’ve been fortunate to explore the many depths of craft beer through beer festivals, tasting events, and trips down the beer aisle. Many were highlights and hardly any were deemed lowlights, although I have been accused of liking every beer that I try.
I’m a beer lover, simple as that. I’m even guilty of drinking a macro now and then. Save your gasp, even though they brew it with rice, the stuff won’t kill you. Trust me.
June 17th 2011. That’s the day I started using Untappd and logging each beer as I tasted it. As a personal goal, I’d like to check in to one unique beer for every day of the year day. The final 3 month stretch is almost here and I want to bring you along for the ride. Starting tomorrow, I’ll be posting pictures and mini reviews on Tumblr as I taste the final 70 beers.
First, will be reviews of beers that have been personal highlights from the past 9 months. That includes the likes of Port Brewing’s Old Viscosity, the now defunct Airdale Brewing’s The Angry Panda, and Lagunitas Brewing’s Little Sumpin’ Wild Ale. After those, expect a consistent flow of new reviews as I get closer to my target number of 366. Follow the journey on Tumblr and Untappd.
Philippe Gagnon is the founder and writer for Craft Beer Culture. Currently residing in Orange County, California, you can find him at the local brewery drinking craft beer or online through Facebook, Twitter, and Google+.
Leave a comment
Follow @CrftBeerCulture on twitter
- I just earned the 'American Craft Beer Week (2013)' badge on @untappd! http://t.co/iHqK3LkSCK #ACBW
- I just earned the 'National Beer Day (2013)' badge on @untappd! http://t.co/cGKwEEc5Mb #NationalBeerDay
- I just earned the 'Pale as the Moon' badge on @untappd! http://t.co/IXUP0PzzYE
- I just earned the 'New Brew Thursday (Level 9)' badge on @untappd! http://t.co/J8LDkCVQay #NewBrewThursday
- Drinking a Sour In The Rye Peach by @thebruery — http://t.co/HIPurazEg2