Brewery: Iron Fist Brewing Company
Name: Renegade Blonde
Style: Kölsch Style Blonde Ale
Look: Cloudy straw-like color. Highly carbonated creating tons of pIllowy soft white head.
Smell: The yeast aroma hits first, which taste Belgian to me even though it’s labeled as a German Style Kolsch. I could very well be wrong but it’s smells very familiar. Notes of orange and lemon peak through behind a surprisingly noticeable hop bill. Everything sits balanced and appealing, especially perfect for a warm weekend afternoon.
Taste: This beer is both smooth and drinkable without having to sacrifice any flavor which, to me, is the perfect recipe for a delicious blonde. In the flavor, the yeast comes out balanced and mild which lets the fruitiness of the hops come through on the finish. A subtle reminder that this is a beer from a San Diego brewery.
Feel: The mouthfeel is light and crisp with a slight texture created by the yeast. A nice resinous hop character lingers as the beer fades away.
Overall: There isn’t any single thing that stands out in this beer but that’s exactly what makes it so great. Iron Fist’s Brandon Sieminski created a perfect balance of yeast character, pale (maybe pislner) malt, and subtle hop flavor. This is a perfect beer for just about anytime.
Philippe Gagnon is the founder and writer for Craft Beer Culture. Currently residing in Orange County, California, you can find him at the local brewery drinking craft beer or online through Facebook, Twitter, and Google+.
Leave a comment
Follow @CrftBeerCulture on twitter
- I just earned the 'American Craft Beer Week (2013)' badge on @untappd! http://t.co/iHqK3LkSCK #ACBW
- I just earned the 'National Beer Day (2013)' badge on @untappd! http://t.co/cGKwEEc5Mb #NationalBeerDay
- I just earned the 'Pale as the Moon' badge on @untappd! http://t.co/IXUP0PzzYE
- I just earned the 'New Brew Thursday (Level 9)' badge on @untappd! http://t.co/J8LDkCVQay #NewBrewThursday
- Drinking a Sour In The Rye Peach by @thebruery — http://t.co/HIPurazEg2