I should probably introduce myself before we have a few pints together and I forget to. My name is Philippe.
I recently graduated from the University of San Diego and anyone that’s been to San Diego knows that they have a booming culture surrounding their local craft beer. As soon as I hit the legal drinking age (a mere 14 months ago), I started exploring the many different styles available to me, from Stone’s Smoked Porter with Vanilla, served from a cask, to an illusive double IPA you may have heard of, called Pliny the Elder. This has allowed me to try many incredible beers in many amazing places and those beers, places, and experiences are what I will be writing about on this blog
You should already be drinking a beer but if you aren’t, I recommend you open one now (granted you’re of legal drinking age of course *ahem*). Today is Belgian Independence Day so in honor of their revolution against the United Kingdom, I recommend you enjoy a sour Lambic, a Flanders Red Ale or any of the other amazing beers that Belgium has to offer. A couple of my favorites are Chimay Grand Reserve and Affligem Tripel but there are so many good ones that it’s hard to remember them all. Tonight I will be tasting Lindemans Gueuze Cuvée René for the first time so expect a review shortly. Other beers in the pipelines for review include Baird/Ishii/Stone’s Japanese Green Tea IPA and Karl Strauss’ Off The Rails.
What are you be drinking for Belgian Independence Day? Post your beer in the comments below!
Philippe Gagnon is the founder and writer for Craft Beer Culture. Currently residing in Orange County, California, you can find him at the local brewery drinking craft beer or online through Facebook, Twitter, and Google+.
Leave a comment
Follow @CrftBeerCulture on twitter
- I just earned the 'American Craft Beer Week (2013)' badge on @untappd! http://t.co/iHqK3LkSCK #ACBW
- I just earned the 'National Beer Day (2013)' badge on @untappd! http://t.co/cGKwEEc5Mb #NationalBeerDay
- I just earned the 'Pale as the Moon' badge on @untappd! http://t.co/IXUP0PzzYE
- I just earned the 'New Brew Thursday (Level 9)' badge on @untappd! http://t.co/J8LDkCVQay #NewBrewThursday
- Drinking a Sour In The Rye Peach by @thebruery — http://t.co/HIPurazEg2